May 5, 2018
Girls Learning Code Day 2018: Collaborative Game Production (For ages 8-13 + Parent/Guardian)
In this collaborative experience, learners work together to build a video game that addresses a social or environmental issue and works towards change. Learners will explore the game industry by experiencing what it’s like to work on different project teams, within a variety roles. As a group, we will track through the game development process together.
- Use technology to create positive change
- Better explain the game development process
- Apply personal interests and skills within the technology industry
- Work with a team to find creative solutions to problems
- Create a collaborative video game in Scratch
- Use the tools, languages, and programs learned to KEEP CODING!
This is a beginner workshop for girls ages 8-13 who are new to coding.
DATE AND TIME
Saturday May 12, 2018
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM PDT
St. Margaret’s School
1080 Lucas Ave, Victoria, BC
Registration link: http://bit.ly/GLCvic2018
Admission is by donation.
We would greatly appreciate if you share this event with your networks, event calendars, and/or newsletters.